AFTERCARE FOR MICROBLADING + POWDER BROWS
After the topical anesthetic wears off you may feel some tenderness on and around the tattooed area. You may also experience slight swelling and redness the day of your procedure; this is normal and typically fades within 24-48 hours. At this point you may take Tylenol or Ibuprofen if you feel any pain, but avoid Aspirin as it can cause blood thinning.
The tattooed area will appear darker and bolder immediately after the procedure, but will soften and fade as your skin heals in the coming days. Cosmetic tattoos take between 6-8 weeks to fully heal.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap before touching the brow area.
- Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and UNSCENTED antibacterial soap such as Dial Soap, Cetaphil or Neutrogena.
- With a very light touch, use your fingertips to gently wash the eyebrows. Rub the area in a smooth motion for a few seconds and rinse thoroughly.
- Gently pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Apply a rice grain amount of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area. Be sure not to over-apply as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. Never put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
Refrain from using any additional healing ointments such as Neosporin, heavily scented lotions and natural oils (coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, etc.) on your brows during the healing process.
Refrain from using any products containing AHA's including glycolic, or lactic acids or Retin-A products.
Refrain from direct sun exposure for at least 30 days to avoid sunburn. Once healed, it is highly recommended to apply sun protection of 30 SPF or higher before any sun exposure.
Avoid hot yoga, strenuous exercise or any activity that will cause heavy sweating the day of the procedure and for a couple of days after the procedure.
Refrain from having any chemical facials or peels done for at least four weeks.
Avoid submerged swimming or soaking until your brows have fully healed. Keep shower/bathing time short.
Do not wax or thread the brow area until your brows have fully healed.
Do not apply any makeup on your brows for at least 10 days.
Do not pick or scratch at any flaking on your skin. Doing so will result in loss of pigment and your brows will look patchy.
Any changes necessary will be discussed at your follow up appointment. Application of semi-permanent cosmetics is a two step process. Do not judge your procedure during the healing stage.